Rockton Police Department

"Providing a Safe Community"   
Domestic Violence

Chief of Police
Department Staff
What's New at RPD
Neighborhood Watch
Bike Rodeo
Crime Stoppers
ALICE Program
Patch Request
Crime Prevention
Domestic Violence
RPD Remembers
Dare Program
Child Seat Inspection
Links & Resources
Sex Offender Registry
Radar Speed Trailer
Run With The Law
Rockton PD SNS
OSD5K Run/Walk
Police Commission
Pension Board
Rockton Weather
Contact Us
Feedback Survey
Citizen Complaint
Site Map
Village Web Site

Up ]



Rockton Police Department

Emergency ~ 911
Non-Emergency 815-624-4351 


Winnebago County Domestic Violence Assistance Center
Winnebago County Courthouse - 815-966-1284 Mon-Fri 8-5


REMEDIES (formally phase/wave) 815-962-6102 24 hours

What is Domestic Violence?
Domestic violence occurs when a person uses physical or psychological abuse, threats, intimidation or harassment to control another person in a family, dating, household, or caretaker relationship.

Are you a victim of Domestic Violence?

Does the person you love throw you down, slap, punch, kick or hit you?

Does the person you love choke you or force you to have sex when you donít want to?

Does the person you love threaten to harm you, your children, family members, or pet?

If your answer is yes to any of these questions, it means you are involved in an abusive relationship.  You do not have to remain in the relationship if you choose not to.  Report domestic violence or abuse to the law enforcement agency in your area


What should I do if I am a victim of domestic violence or abuse?

Report the crime to the police immediately.  A police officer will investigate your complaint, complete a police report and may arrest your abuser.  If the police are unable to arrest your abuser at the time of your complaint the report will be forwarded to the State's Attorney's Domestic Violence Unit for follow-up investigation and possible arrest at a later date.

What is an Order of Protection?
It is a court order prohibiting an abuser from striking, threatening, or harassing you. It may also grant you temporary custody of your children and possession of your home.

Do I qualify for an Order of Protection?
You qualify if your abuser is your spouse, ex-spouse, someone you have a child with, live with or have lived with, have or have had a dating relationship with or are related to by blood or marriage. 
Persons in abusive same sex relationships also qualify. You also qualify if you are disabled and you are abused by your caretaker.


To file for an Order of Protection contact:


Winnebago County Domestic Violence Assistance Center
Winnebago County Courthouse - 815-966-1284


 -or -


516 Green St
Rockford, IL 61102-2218

Domestic Violence Phone: 815.962.6102

Domestic Violence Fax: 815.490.1050

2028 North State St
Belvidere, IL 61008-1971

Domestic Violence Phone: 815.544.1866


I have an Order of Protection against someone.  What should I do if they violate the Order?
Report the incident to the police immediately. If the police locate the violator they will most likely arrest and charge them with Violation of an Order of Protection.  Keep a copy of the Order of Protection in a safe place and show it to the police.


Emergency Safety Plan
Pack a bag ahead of time and keep it with a friend or neighbor you can trust.  Include credit cards, cash, extra clothes, for you and your children and a favorite play thing for each child.  Be sure to hide a set of car keys and house keys in a safe place in case you have to leave in a hurry.  When you leave, take medicine and important papers such as birth certificates for you and your children, health insurance information and social security card.









"Providing a Safe Community"